Women's T20 World Cup: Poonam Yadav Spins India To 17-Run Win Over Defending Champs Australia
Indian women's team opened their T20 World Cup campaign with a 17-run win over reigning T20 champions Australia.
Chasing a target of 133 to win, Australia started off briskly with Alyssa Healy scoring the bulk of runs as she carved Indian bowlers all around the pitch. But Australia lost the wicket of Beth Mooney and captain Meg Lanning, reducing them to 57 for 2.
After Healy scored a half-century, she too perished as spinner Poonam Yadav spun a web around Australian batmen to leave them in tatters. In her four over spell, Yadav conceded just 19 runs and claimed four wickets.
Her spell started the downfall of the Aussies and India put on the screws to beat the defending champions by 17 runs.
Earlier India had scored 132, thanks largely to a well-paced unbeaten 49 from Deepti Sharma.
It was an all-round effort from the Indian team and the victory will lift the spirits of the side even more. India are chasing an elusive World Cup title and beating the champions in the opening game is a great start.
India will now take on Bangladesh in the next game on Monday.
Delivery Guy Assaulted By Restaurant Staff For Being 20 Minutes Late, Fractures Spine
BCCI Will Judge MS Dhoni's Team India Future Based On His IPL Performance. So This Is Like His Selection Trial
Many Feel The IPL Should Be Postponed Due To Coronavirus Threat. Problem Is There's No Other Available Window In The Year
Man Kaur Is 104, But She Is Not Slowing Down One Bit As An Athlete
Today In 1996, India Sent Defending Champions Pakistan Crashing Out Of The World Cup On A Warm Night In Bengaluru
- SportsThis Pakistani Fan Mocked The Indian Women's Team For Losing The Final. Aakash Chopra's Reply Is Just Pure Gold1.2K SHARES
Pooja Rani And Vikas Krishan Among 5 Indian Boxers Who Are Going To Tokyo. But Now The Real Challenge Begins
- SportsIndia Did Not Win The Women's T20 World Cup But Being Finalists Is Not Bad Either. Here Are Those Who Made It Happen862 SHARES
- SportsOur Women In Blue Fell At The Final Hurdle Of The T20 World Cup. But We Are Still Proud Of Them15.3K SHARES
- SportsThe Sight Of Irfan Pathan's Son Imran 'Boxing' With Sachin Tendulkar Is Just Too Cute To Watch262 SHARES
- Sports'Sachin, Sachinnn!' - Wankhede Crowd Roars In Appreciation As Sachin Tendulkar's Appearance Brings In A Sense Of Nostalgia2.6K SHARES
Harbhajan Singh, The Man Who Became Australia's Nemesis In 2001 And Made Them Dance To His Tune
Virender Sehwag Was Called Sachin Tendulkar's Clone When He Burst On The Scene. He Soon Moved Out Of The Master Blaster's Shadow
- Sports13 Female Athletes Who Made India Proud And Set New Benchmarks On The Sporting Stage4.4K SHARES
- SportsAnkita Raina Leads The Way As India's Women Seal Fed Cup Play-Off Berth For The First Time Ever791 SHARES