7 Times People Went Out Of The Way To Help Animals And Made This World A Better Place
Animals are an extremely integral part of our environment; this world is as much theirs as it is ours. However, we still see several cases of cruelty inflicted on them on a daily basis and it's heartbreaking to say the least.
However, there are certain people whose acts of kindness for these voiceless beings have restored our faith in humanity:
1. This elderly man gave water to a thirsty dog by cupping it in his bare hands.
‘You have not lived your day, until you have done something for someone who can never repay you,' reads the caption of a recent video that went viral. In it, an elderly man was seen giving a drink of water to a thirsty dog by cupping it his bare hands. The internet was flooded with heartwarming comments from people for the sweet, gentle man. If only we had more of such people, the world would be a kinder place to live in.
You have not lived ur day, until you have done something for someone who can never repay you????— Susanta Nanda IFS (@susantananda3) February 25, 2020
Be compassionate in what you today. pic.twitter.com/SK7zXjCxnc
2. This man shared a heartwarming promise to never abandon his dog because he signed up for it.
This was a very important incident when a man posted on Facebook about the endless troubles his German Shephard-mix dog gives him. One would expect the post to end in him asking someone to take her in but instead, he goes on about how will never ever abandon her because he signed up for this and no matter where he goes, his dog will be with him because she is family.
This was a loud message to all the people who get pets and eventually abandon them when they fail to take care of them.
3. The internet came together to find this unique Husky a home.
Never underestimate the power of the Internet because it is capable of getting a lot of things done. One thing it did was make sure that an abandoned Husky, who had a birth defect which made her eyes look a little different than the usual Husky, found a loving and forever home. When the owner of the rescue house sheltering the dog posted about her adoption on Facebook, everyone came together and made the post go viral so that she could get adopted.
4. This woman helped get a severely injured dog from Russia to the UK.
After a group of unidentified people shot a poor dog in the face several times, there was hardly any hope left for her survival. A woman collaborated with NGOs and went out of her to get the dog transported from Russia to Brighton where the canine received many corrective surgeries which saved her life. Now, she has found a home with the woman who is never going to let her come in harm's way.
5. A man carried an elephant on his shoulders to reunite him with his mother.
A forest ranger in Ooty in Tamil Nadu rescued a baby elephant who fell and got stuck in a canal. Initially, they tried to push the baby animal out of the canal but he was so scared that it just made matters worse. Left with no other option, the man picked up the elephant on his shoulders and carried him to safety to his mother.
6. Kerala woman refused to leave her 25 dogs behind when she was rescued from the floods.
For people who have pets, they consider them family and you wouldn't leave your family behind even during the time of a natural disaster, right? That's what this woman from Kerala did while being rescued from floods. She sent back with workers and volunteers who came to her rescue because she could not leave her dogs behind. The good end here is that the woman was rescued along with her 25 dogs because of the efficiency of the authorities and volunteers.
7. A Turkish police officer swam through ice to save a puppy's life.
People don't put their own lives in the way of danger to save someone else's but this Turkish police officer didn't think twice before jumping in ice-cold waters of a lake because a puppy was drowning in it. Thanks to him, the dog's life could be saved in time and guess what? He ended up adopting the puppy and named him Buz which means 'ice' in Turkish.
Helping the voiceless is an act only the selfless can do and there is no bigger kindness in the world.
- LifestyleGiving & Taking Dowry Is Illegal, So In 21st Century We Call It 'Gifts' And No One Questions It6.9K SHARES
- Lifestyle11 Times Sikh Community Came To People's Rescue Regardless Of Their Religion, Caste Or Country4K SHARES
- LifestyleLeather Made Of Cactus & Roads Made Of Plastic, People Are Doing Their Bit For The Environment4.2K SHARES
The Unnecessary But Needful Art Of 'Small Talk' With Your Co-workers Is A Real Thing
- LifestyleLet 2020 Be The Year You Finally Let Go Of Bad Habits, Here's How You Can Do It163 SHARES
Having A Groggy Day At Work? We Think A Single Yawn Might Have Started It All!
- PartnerAfter Papon & Darshan Raval, ‘Kaala Chashma’ Fame Neha Kakkar Joins Smule & We Can’t Wait To Jam With Her2.3K SHARES