From Not Fighting 24/7 To Not Being Mean, Here's The Definitive Guide To Being A Cool Partner
Who doesn’t want a good partner, right? Having a decent bae by your side sounds like a good idea but honestly, it’s not as easy as it sounds.
Being a good partner is quite doable actually. All you need to do is not be a dick to the person you’re with and only good things will come your way.
However, a lot of people find it extremely difficult to be in relationships because of their poor boyfriend/girlfriend skills. So, in order to make things simpler for these people, here’s a guide for you dum-dums.
1. Pick up the phone and tell them you’re busy.
If your partner is texting or calling you and you don’t have the time to make conversation, the least you can do is let them know about the same. It’s going to take five seconds. Don’t be a dick.
2. Pehle khud se pyaar kar lo. Dusre se baad mein karna.
People have this misconception that all their love is for the other person to take. If you can’t love yourself toh return mein bhi ghanta hi milega.
3. Don’t go psycho on them.
No one likes a brat and if you think that unleashing your crazy side is a way to prove the ‘intensity’ of your love, oh boy, are you wrong!
4. Learn to pick your battles.
Couples have normalised this idea of fighting with each other over everything. If you do that, serious matters will sound the same as a fight about leaving a wet towel on the bed or not uploading pictures with you on social media. Don’t let actual problems lose their credibility over petty things.
5. 'Wine' together, don't whine about each other.
No one likes a whiny cry baby and if you think constantly complaining to get your way is okay, your relationship is a ticking time bomb.
6. Don’t ignore the importance of sexy times.
It is common for couples to have less and less sex as time passes by. However, if you want to keep the oomph factor alive in your relationship, stock up on those condoms and get going.
7. Stop having a problem with exes.
Unless your partner is a cheating piece of shit or is carrying baggage from their previous relationship, being friends with one’s ex is absolutely fine. Don’t be the possessive partner who wants to keep their SO locked up in a cage.
8. Be nice to their friends. You have to tolerate them for a long time.
“If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends!” Everyone knows this and it’s time we start applying the same to our relationships. If you’re in the relationship for a long time, you better make an effort to get along with your partner’s friends because no one likes a buzzkill.
9. Get angry, not mean. You're not Regina George.
No one is fond of a meanie and getting mad at your partner is perfectly normal. However, the line is drawn when your anger turns into cruelty and you spit venom at your bae. Zeher nahi, pyaar do.
10. Don’t make them feel neglected unless you want to get dumped.
No one likes a selfish person and if you think you have the tendency to be, either fix yourself or don’t get in a relationship.
11. Keep your commitment issues at the door before entering a relationship.
It’s okay to have baggage but it can turn disastrous if you bring it into your relationship. Get over things on your own and then involve another person in your life.
Do you have any tips on how to be a better partner this Valentine's? Let us know in the comments!
- Self11 Reasons Why It's Important To Dress Up Everyday Even During Self Quarantine Days166 SHARES
- LifestyleLife In A Lockdown: 19 Ways Self-Isolation Is Bringing Good-Old Days Back & Uniting Families178 SHARES
- PartnerDuring This Lockdown, Here’s A Shout-Out To All The Delivery Boys Who Are 'Together For India'4.8K SHARES
- PartnerDitch Pranks This April To Understand What Happens If You Break The 'Stay At Home' Protocol17.5K SHARES
- Partner5 Shows On MX Player That Will Make Your Home Quarantine Days Better!4.1K SHARES
- PartnerHaving A Groggy Day At Work? We Think A Single Yawn Might Have Started It All!5.5K SHARES
- PartnerThere's More To Special Ops Than Kay Kay Menon; These Actors Shine Bright & Make The Show A Must Watch!3.4K SHARES
- PartnerAfter Papon & Darshan Raval, ‘Kaala Chashma’ Fame Neha Kakkar Joins Smule & We Can’t Wait To Jam With Her3K SHARES
Here's How Mannphodganj Ki Binny Is Giving Us A reason To Laugh During This Lockdown