21 Things Rich People Do That Are Extra AF & Seem Like A Total Waste Of Money To The Rest Of Us
Rich people are a different breed of people; they do things their own way while the rest of us get lost in the crowd.
However, sometimes, 'their way' is considered unnecessary by the rest of us but we end up getting a good laugh from the same. Here are some examples of things rich people do that amuse us.
1. Inviting movie stars to weddings.
What is this, a wedding or a concert? Rich people have this obsession with inviting movie stars or musicians to their weddings to perform for the guests. No points for guessing, they pay obscene amounts of money for the same. A wedding is supposed to be about the bride and groom and getting a celebrity into the scene will only shift everyone's focus away from the real reason they've gotten together.
2. Living in glass houses then complaining about it.
Rich people are known to have unusual tastes when it comes to picking out their homes and having a glass house is apparently the latest addition to the list. The weird thing here is that these are the same people who complain about having others look into their homes after making a house made out of glass right next to mainstream public places.
Can never get enough of the story about the people who bought flats with floor-to-ceiling glass windows next to one of London's main tourist attractions and are annoyed people can see in. https://t.co/Bq7EaOMRS5— Jim Waterson (@jimwaterson) February 12, 2020
3. Buying expensive cars and leaving them in garages.
First of all, no one needs ten cars for a family for a family of four. However, rich people love to gorge on expensive cars and bikes, only to have them parked in their garages 24/7. It is even weirder when rich people in India get such vehicles since the roads (read: potholes) don't really support the idea of driving an expensive sports car on it.
4. Wearing clothes made out of gold/diamonds.
Remember the Pune man who had a shirt made out of gold? Yeah, that stuff cost him Rs 1.27 crore (my CTC isn't even anywhere close to this) and was made of 22-carat pure gold. Clearly, class and money don't really have to go hand-in-hand.
5. Having hundreds of staff members to help out at home.
Okay, this is probably a good thing since it provides employment for several people who need jobs but who needs hundreds and hundreds of staff members to run a residence? Rich people have a helper for literally every task they need to get done in a day.
6. Buying their underaged kids expensive cars.
Do normal parenting rules not apply to rich people? They spoil their kids with things a middle-class person cannot even dream and which is absolutely fine because if you have it, why not? But breaking the rules and getting young children things like extremely expensive cars is a danger not just to the rest of the world but their own offspring too.
7. Slipping on some diamond lingerie.
Buying underwear worth millions of dollars is an interest only the rich can afford to have. Also, what even is the point since it's going to get covered with your clothes anyway. Maybe whatever you wear on top of it is made of something even more expensive.
8. Splitting their time between a townhouse and a summer house.
In a world of millions and millions of homeless people, rich people love to flaunt the multiple homes they own. From a townhouse to a summer house, clearly having just one place of residence is not enough for them. Rich people logic: Want to go on a vacation but don't want to stay in a hotel? No problem, just buy a house in every city, country and continent.
9. Buying entire islands.
Rich people logic number 2: Don't want to just buy a house in order to avoid hotels? Buy a whole island instead because why the hell not? To make things even weirder, name the island after yourself.
10. Trademarking their kids' names
Since being rich absolutely requires you to stand out from the rest of the world (peasants for them), rich people have started trademarking their children's name so no one else can ever name their kid the same name. Coming across the list of names certain rich people have used for their kids, we are sure no one even wants to go that way.
11. Willingly signing up for bizarre beauty treatments.
From vampire facelifts to bird-poo facials, the rich have a weird approach to beauty treatments. While the rest of us struggle to even moisturise on a daily basis, millions and millions of money is spent every minute on these bizarre yet apparently effective treatments.
12. Owning private planes.
The rich don't really like flying with the rest of us and if given an option, even we wouldn't want to since half of us don't really know how to behave properly in an airplane. Private jet planes are a big thing for rich people and it also separates the rich from the super rich.
13. Livin' it up on yachts as big as houses.Sail karna aata ho ya nahi, buying a yacht is considered a status symbol for people with lots of money. Not just any yacht though, it has to be as big as a house and should be able to fit hundreds of people in case the rich have to throw a yacht party, because what else are yachts for? Sailing? Not really.
14. Shutting down public places for their own celebrations.
A certain celebrity once shut down Disneyland to celebrate her daughter's birthday and if you have the money to close down one of the busiest places on this planet just to have a child's birthday party, you're a whole different category of human beings altogether.
15. Having big houses that they don’t need
Ghar mein honge 4 log par ghar mein kamre honge 20. Rich people live by this motto: The bigger, the better. But when you live in cities like Delhi and Mumbai, space is an issue and it ends up causing a lot of inconvenience to others who live around them. Also, imagine the number of resources that are being wasted on people who aren't even using them.
16. Subscribing to superstition.
Being rich comes with its own vices and rich people are known to be 'super' superstitious. Ab itna paisa hoga toh paranoia toh given hi hai. From spending on obscenely expensive 'good luck' charms to making trips to religious places by interrupting the masses, rich people go out of their way to praise the Lord. Maybe they're asking God if he's in need of anything since they have so much to give.
17. Dressing up their feet in exorbitantly priced sneakers.
Don't know about y'all but rich people seem to have this weird obsession with sneakers, so much that some of the richest rappers have thousands and thousands of pairs. They have to dedicate entire wardrobes for the shoes and to make matters even funnier, they don't even wear most of their 'special edition' pairs because they'll get ruined. Homie, what are shoes for?
18. Nursing a fascination for weird-ass architecture structures.
Rich people's need to stand out from the rest of us doesn't end so soon and their homes are loud physical examples of the same. Being completely indifferent to how their surroundings look, they will opt for the weirdest structures for their houses so that they can their own monuments which screams of their richness.
19. Treating plastic surgeries like manicures.
"Jo bhagwan nahi deta, woh doctor de deta hai." Rakhi Sawant once said this statement on an episode of Koffee with Karan and there is no doubt about the fact that rich people believe in the same. Since they have the liberty to change whatever they dislike, their body is probably somewhere in the top 5 of the list of things they aren't happy with.
20. Buying exotic pets.
The rich have this interest in getting the rarest and rarest of dog breeds as pets and they go out of their ways to get what they want. If it's not a rich dog-lover, wild animals are easily available for them to buy to the extent that certain celebrities have tigers as their pets.
21. Customising gadgets.
The common man finds it hard enough to buy the latest iPhone, hence the kidney jokes every year but rich people will pre-order it and also have it covered in diamonds. Again, what's the purpose here? Oh yes, it's a simple fact that they can do it, so they will do it.
Do you know any things rich people spend a lot of money on? Let us know in the comments!
AD: Mansion Global
Barack and Michelle Obama Reportedly Close Deal for $11.75 Million Martha’s Vineyard Estate
- LifestyleGiving & Taking Dowry Is Illegal, So In 21st Century We Call It 'Gifts' And No One Questions It6.9K SHARES
- Lifestyle7 Times People Went Out Of The Way To Help Animals And Made This World A Better Place390 SHARES
- Lifestyle11 Times Sikh Community Came To People's Rescue Regardless Of Their Religion, Caste Or Country4K SHARES
- LifestyleLeather Made Of Cactus & Roads Made Of Plastic, People Are Doing Their Bit For The Environment4.2K SHARES
The Unnecessary But Needful Art Of 'Small Talk' With Your Co-workers Is A Real Thing
- LifestyleLet 2020 Be The Year You Finally Let Go Of Bad Habits, Here's How You Can Do It161 SHARES
Your Boss Says One Thing But Means Something Else? Here Are 9 Times That May Have Happened
- Lifestyle11 'Paneer AF' Memes On Being The Only Vegetarian In Your Group226 SHARES
Single Or Not, These 21 Funny Valentine's Day Posts Will Have You Cracking Up In No Time
- LifestyleThe 'Kunal Khemu Effect': Why Watching Him Play Michael Rodriguez In 'Malang' Was Everything!1K SHARES
- LifestyleIrrfan Khan Is More Than Just A Brilliant Actor & These Quotes Prove That!547 SHARES
Coronavirus Outbreak Means This Is Also China's First Time Trying Work-From-Home On This Scale
11 Memes People Who Absolutely Hate Socialising With Other People Will Relate To
- PartnerAge Is No Barrier When It Comes To Love & These On-Screen Couples Prove Just That!4.7K SHARES
From Not Fighting 24/7 To Not Being Mean, Here's The Definitive Guide To Being A Cool Partner